Coloured crepe or tissue paper
Glue or selotape
1. Take an A4 sized sheet of black paper and fold in half down the centre.
2. Then use the following steps to draw a half bat on the paper. First draw in dots where points of the wings are located, as shown in the photograph.
3. Draw one ear at one end of the bat (beside the fold line) and then used curved lines to join the dots.
9. Cut out the bat from the fold side and only cut along the outline of the bat from there.
10. When complete open out the shape and there should be a hole shaped like a bat in the paper.
11. Using waste black paper cut several black strips and stick these to the underside of the bat’s wings to represent fingers – they should stretch from the point on the upper edge of the wing to points on the lower edge.
12. Stick crepe paper over this.
13. Your stained glass bat!